What is OCCA?
- OCCA is the hub of arts opportunities as the "go-to" source for information on Oregon coast arts and culture, connecting residents and visitors to all arts activities in an easy accessible manner.
- OCCA offers exceptional variety by providing access to an immense range of artistic experiences - there really is "something for everyone."
- OCCA provides world-class arts experiences by bringing to our local community performances, educational opportunities and cultural events, highlighting local treasures and providing access to world-renowned artists.
- OCCA strengthens the arts by ensuring that the Oregon coast has a rich and vibrant arts community through the support and promotion of arts and cultural organizations and individual artists.
- OCCA nurtures the artist in everyone by providing a range of educational opportunities for professional and amateur artists alike - so that they can cultivate their creative spirits.
OCCA's Role as Regional Arts Council
OCCA serves as regional arts council for coastal Clatsop, Tillamook, Lincoln, Coos and Curry counties, as well as the coastal towns of Lane and Douglas counties.
OCCA's Facility Management
OCCA manages the Newport Performing Arts Center and the Newport Visual Arts Center.
OCCA Volunteer Opportunities
Do you believe in the importance of the arts in your community? Of course, you do. Do you believe that helping out is rewarding and stimulating? Of course, you do. What is your artistic passion-visual arts, performing Arts? Where is your interest in community arts? What talents can you lend to the arts? What time do your have to participate in community arts?
Contact OCCA Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
To help you determine what special role you can play with the arts below are some options for your time and talents:
Public Art Committee
This committee meets once a month on the third Thursday morning. Its most recent project has been the “Mother & Child” sculpture installed on the north lawn of the Performing Arts Center. It is currently involved with the percent for art program and the new city pool. This committee is involved with a city-wide public art inventory and will be creating a walking tour of Newport’s public art.
Visual Arts Center (VAC) Steering Group
This is the group who is making sure that the VAC will be on a sound footing well into the future. It is addressing building needs, VAC marketing, a VAC business model and funding, and future VAC arts learning festivals. This group meets on the first and third Tuesday mornings.
Performing Arts Center (PAC) Box Office Help
These individuals assist the staff in selling tickets to the many marvelous events that happen at the PAC. It’s a great way to meet people and work the box office computer. Participation is needed on Wednesdays and Fridays.
This group of fun, dedicated people from all walks of life come together once a month on the second Tuesday evening to help guide the Oregon Coast Council for the Arts in its mission “to develop, promote and celebrate community arts.” For more information contact OCCA Executive Director Catherine Rickbone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arts Learning Consortium
This group of artists, educators, community folks and staff are creating youth art classes at the Visual Arts Center for this next year. Come with your creativity and share your time and ideas.
PAC Capital Campaign
“Entertain the Future” is the dynamic initiative to enhance and expand the Newport Performing Arts Center. Currently the group is working on Phase VII, upgrading the Studio Theatre and expanding backstage support areas. Contact Barbara Berge at email@example.com for more details.
Thank you for your participation in the arts. One of the greatest gifts is the gift of your time and talent.